Personal Injury FAQs
Personal injuries refer to a wide variety of ailments. They can happen to anyone at nearly any time. When you are suffering from a personal injury, it is important to seek treatment before it worsens. At SpineCare Fridley, P.C. in Fridley, MN, we can help. Our chiropractor, Dr. Ross Bertilson, provides a wide variety of natural treatment methods for personal injuries and more. Here are some commonly asked questions about personal injuries.
What is a personal injury?
The term personal injury encompasses injuries that you can suffer physically, emotionally, and psychologically. These injuries range from minor discomfort that hinders your working ability to severe injuries that impede your mobility.
What are examples of personal injuries?
You can suffer a personal injury in your workplace, at home, while walking, or in a car accident. Some common examples of personal injuries include:
- Whiplash: This injury occurs when there is a sudden movement of the neck, tearing the neck’s ligaments, tendons, and muscles.
- Sprains and strains: These can occur from slips and falls. These injuries can also occur when bending, twisting, or lifting loads.
- Lower back pain: This injury is common in auto accidents, sports activities, and occupations that involve heavy weight lifting.
- Herniated disc: This injury occurs when the gel-like substance of your disc leaks, causing the vertebrae bones to compress on the spinal nerves.
- Tension headaches: You can suffer from chronic headaches after an auto accident or from a spine or neck injury.
How does our chiropractor treat personal injuries?
If you have suffered a personal injury, chiropractic care is the best course of treatment. Our chiropractor treats the root cause of your injury without masking symptoms with medications. When you first visit us, Dr. Bertilson will diagnose your condition and create a customized treatment plan for you. This can include a combination of methods to alleviate your pain and help you heal. Some of the techniques we may use include:
- Spinal adjustment: Our chiropractor uses this treatment to realign your spine, relieving pressure and tension in the body.
- Soft tissue treatments: Massage therapy, muscle stimulation, therapeutic ultrasound, and more work to relax tense muscles and reduce inflammation in soft tissue-related injuries.
- Therapeutic exercises: Stretching exercises at home and in the office reduce pain and improve the resilience of your muscles, preventing future injuries.
- Lifestyle advice: If your occupation and poor habits contribute to a personal injury, our chiropractor will advise you on safe practices to avert personal injuries.
Visit Our Fridley, MN Chiropractor for Personal Injury
If you are suffering from a personal injury, don’t wait to seek treatment. At SpineCare Fridley, P.C. in Fridley, MN, Dr. Bertilson will find the right treatment methods for your condition. Call us today to schedule an appointment.